Monday, July 26, 2010

I just don't get it.


Today I came across this story of a forty year old woman who died of a heart attack.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/7935025/britains-fattest-woman-dies-of-heart-attack

She was allegedly Britain's fattest woman and had spent the last four years in hospital because she was no longer able to walk.

What makes this story stand out to me is the point where it says people would smuggle food into her!!

This isn't the first time I've read this sort of thing in similar cases.
I once watched a show on television which followed another guy who'd been hospitalized for the same reason, and they were keeping him on a calorie controlled diet to try to restore his health and give him some life back... His partner kept bringing him in fatty foods!!!
What's wrong with these people!!

That's like someone being hospitalized because of suicidal thoughts/attempts, and their loved ones smuggling in razor blades....

I don't understand it.

And I feel so sorry for this poor woman's family. She's gone and left four children who now don't have a mum. What lesson have they learnt? What have seen and experienced?
It was such a needless tragedy and to think that it was helped on by her friends and relatives smuggling in food is just to horrible to contemplate.

1 comment:

Evil Pixie said...

I think psychologists would have a field day with this story. It's either some sort of twisted co-dependence or they actually think they're helping the person (which obviously isn't the case). Sad... very sad.