Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Tourist


Yesterday I had the opportunity to watch "The Tourist"

You can imagine with all the chitter-chatter surrounding it lately, that I wasn't expecting a terribly great movie however, as far as story line goes, I thought it wasn't bad at all.

It wasn't long into the movie when one of those watching it with me suspected the twist... and after that point I lost a little bit of interest.

Having said all that though....
The movie was so hard to watch simply because of Angelina Jolie.
I don't normally dislike her, in fact, I think she's given some great performances in the past, but it was that permanent haughty look throughout the entire movie that annoyed me! I wanted to groan in despair every time she came onscreen!
Yeah, we mere mortal women get it, she's pretty. Was it really necessary to throw it in our faces over and over and over again. How did this enhance the story line? What point did it have for the storyline itself??? None!
At least, very little...

Johnny Depp's performance was ok. He looked different. A little aged and puffy... He didn't stand out but if you had to ask me what he could have done to enhance his character, I don't know. I'm not an actor! Maybe he was supposed to come across as a confused, innocent bystander that's just happy to go along with whatever's happening to him.

Overall, the movie was generic as any other action Hollywood movie and I guess they make them because that's what people like to see.
Same storyline, different actors, different locations.
What set this one apart was the "I'm so gorgeous and I know it" look of Angelina.
If you can stomach that, then go ahead and watch this movie but remember, you have been warned!

No comments: