Sunday, January 16, 2011

Singing a happy song

It's been a while since my last blog and it's not that nothing's happened, it's just that too much has happened and I never know quite where to start!

For those interested, my New Zealand blog, complete with pictures can be found here.
click top right for the next day...


So life is slowly going back to normal. I went back to work this week and while it wasn't fun, it was good to wake up and have a purpose, even if that purpose was to go to work!

But the thing that's excited me most of all, and hope it won't be a temporary thing, is that I've joined a choir!


Anyone who knows me knows I love singing and have been singing in one capacity or another all of my life.
I've never really seen myself as a front person but love being part of a singing group so this is just perfect for me!
I went to my first rehearsal Thursday night and new immediately this is where I wanted to be. The women were very friendly, and no one really cared how you sang, they were just happy that you wanted to sing with them because they just love to sing!
At least, that was my first impression.

Now I'm not that idealistic, I know that lots of women (and this is a female only chorus) means lots of hormones which can mean bitchiness and cattiness on some level.
I didn't see any of it that night and I'm going to do my best to keep the mood as positive as I saw it that Thursday night.

The only thing I was disappointed about was that I didn't know the songs yet so I couldn't sing out! I was doing my best to sight read the music I was given but didn't really succeed... Since Thursday night, I've been practicing and feel like I can confidently sing my parts in at least two of the songs.

So now, I can't wait until Thursday!!!

1 comment:

Evil Pixie said...

Woo-hoo! Sounds like fun! Are you going to post videos of you performing?