Thursday, June 11, 2009

Need patience when I'm a patient


Late last week I felt a cold coming on. My chest was tight.
I refused to believe it though and put it down to anything from indigestion to the cold weather we're currently experiencing.

Wednesday I was supposed to go to work. I got up... got dressed... but didn't make it. Instead of going to work I went to the doctors. I thought he'd just give me the day off but instead he insisted I shouldn't be going anywhere for at least three days.

THREE DAYS???

That's an eternity!

Actually it was pretty easy to do nothing on Wednesday as I really did feel terrible.. but as the week progressed and I've started to feel a little better, I just want to start doing things. I'm sick of being home. I'm sick of being stuck in this house. I hate feeling miserable! I hate that my throat hurts, that it's hard to breathe and my nose runs like a tap!
I hate it!
I'm not a patient!! I don't get sick!
Anyone that knows me knows that I say this over and over again so when a bug does dare to infect me, I become very indignant. How dare it!! Everyone else gets sick not me!!
Reality is bummer...

2 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. I'm like you... Hate being sick and am probably the worst at being a sickie. Hope you're better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Margot, Mat was in the USA for work a few weeks ago and he came home really sick - turns out a few of the people he was working with were quarantined for swine flu!