Thursday, June 25, 2009

She's Back


It's been a while since my last blog.

But what else could spur me out of a blog drought but my lovely dear customers…

Today I had a customer who was enquiring about his overdue bills. I told him he had two bills that were overdue and that together they totalled $103.
"Are you sure?" he replied.
"Yes. You have two invoices, and together they total $103"
He paused
"Are you sure? Haven't I paid those already" he asked, incredulous that he had charges.
"Yes I'm sure."
"There's still $103 over due?" He asked again.

This was when I took a deep breath and repeated yes, it was still overdue, I was sure.

What I wanted to say was "Yes you moran, unless the magic pixies paid your account within the last 2.5 seconds, it's fricken overdue!"

Or another favourite fantasy response is "Ha, ha. Got you! No there's nothing owing! You're our lucky 100 000 customer and as a prize, you get your charges wiped! Congratulations!"

Or - "Yes you're right, we were joking… you don't owe anything. Don't know why we sent you those invoices saying you owed us that money when you didn't. What were we thinking *slaps forehead with hand*"

No wonder I have a headache!

No comments: