Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where are the vampires to stop my aging process??

Yes I'm still in reading hibernation….

But I take this quick break to comment on birthdays. It's been brought to my attention again today as two of my colleagues celebrated their birthday's this week. This inevitably leads to talking about aging and how horrible it is to get older etc etc.
While I like myself a lot more at this age, I'd love to be young again. I'd love to have that innocence and enthusiasm. The older you get, the more reality sets in. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

The thing about aging though, is that it's just not going to get any better than this!!! We're aging constantly… a second older every second in fact! This is the best it's going to be right NOW. So we need to make the most of life right now.

Even though I feel crappy about my age right now, and even though I know I'll never be in my twenties again, I can console myself with the fact that everyone around me is aging too…

Unless we all turn into vampires that is…

Short break is now over! Gotta get back to reading the Twilight series!!!!

2 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

Aging? I know it is unavoidable, but denial has always helped me through the rough patches. :) Unfortunately, the power of denial isn't what it use to be and I think I need to move onto something more significant - like amnesia

Margot's Musings & Misadventures said...

Amnesia... good thinking!
Which makes me think that the dementia a lot of us get as we age may be evolution's solution to dealing with the aging process!!