Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where's the pause button?


The movie "Click" was one of those that I ended up falling asleep to but I think I got the gist of it.
Even though the moral of the story was important and definitely thought provoking, I often find myself wishing I had a remote control for my life.

How many times have I been sitting with someone who is going on and on and on about something I'm not even remotely interested in. For some reason, this person has no idea that they're boring me to tears so they continue... My mind will wander at some point of their babble and I'll find myself thinking
"Just endure it, in one hour you'll be somewhere else entirely" or something similar.



Before watching the movie "Click" I would have said it would be great to hit the "fast forward" button and relieve myself of the boring agony sooner, but now I'd say I'd rather a "pause" button so that I can pause my life, and bring it back to life when I'm very far away from the blabberer.

Seriously though, wouldn't it be cool to be able to rewind certain parts of your life? That great gig you went to, you and your partners first date, the moment after your kids were born? (But definitely not during the birthing process itself!)

I don't really want to wish my life away, always looking forward to the
next thing, but I do want to be smart enough not to be caught in a situation I don't want to be in!

I guess I'll have to be happy with that until someone really does come up with a Life Remote!




1 comment:

Evil Pixie said...

I've not seen the movie, but there have been so many times in my life when I wished there was a "rewind" button. That would be glorious!