Monday, August 10, 2009

Naughty but funny...


It's not that I want to embarrass anyone but this cracked me up yesterday and I wanted to write about it...

I was one of the few people who hadn't seen Schindlers List. I had always wanted to see it as I'd heard how powerful it was but for one reason or another, I never did.

Deno got it for me over the weekend and I thought it would be good for the kids to see it too....
Now they being teenagers, aren't really interested in seeing a movie unless their current heart throb is in it, or their friends have told them it's a movie they have to see... so when I told them that I wanted them to watch it too, they were against it..

Still not taking no for an answer, I told them that it wasn't an option, they had to at least start to watch it later that night when we'd all be home, and then we'd take it from there...

But as the day went on and the grumbles (from a particular girl) became more and more frequent, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I got her mobile phone when she wasn't looking and changed my name on her contact list to her best friends name.
I then went back to my phone and sent her a text saying something about just having seen Schindlers list and what a great movie it was....
When she came back in and saw this message, supposedly from her best friend, she announced it to us all and wrote back to her 'friend' "funny enough, I'm seeing it today" without knowing what was really going on.
I could barely keep the laughter in. I know it's horrible but it's funny too isn't it???

So she watched it.. in fact both kids watched it all with us and we were all affected by it but I'm sure she must have been wondering why her friend had described this as an "awesome" movie!!!

One day on, I still haven't told her that it was me and today they're going to school so I wonder what conversations she's going to have with her best friend???

I'm such a mean mum!!!!
:)

No comments: