Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Husband and Wife team


On Sunday the 22nd of August, I had the privilege of hearing Gisele Blanchard and her husband Mario Bellanova sing

When Gisele and I were teenagers, we were part of the same church and at times, were in musical items together. I always loved to hear her sing and knew she had what it took to take her talent to a professional level.

Gisele has sung all over Europe and as far as I'm aware, currently lives in Italy but is currently visiting Adelaide and luckily for us, scheduled in a performance.

She and her husband were just fantastic! I was mesmerized the whole time. They not only sang the various aria's beautifully, but they actually "performed" them, acting what they were singing. It was magical!

From a couple point of view, it was interesting to see them interacting when they were off stage, no doubt encouraging each other and discussing little things from what they had sung, or were still to sing.

It made me wonder how they handle it when they're arguing? All couples argue right? All couple get annoyed with each other from time to time and singing is such a delicate act that I don't think you could fake it if you were pissed off with your partner! And it's not just a partner, or someone you see from time to time, but in this case, it's a spouse!

I didn't see a hint of this with Gisele and her husband but it made me realise that I wouldn't be cut out for it! :)

And while I was sitting there held captive by the beautiful voices, I glanced over and noticed one of their sons sitting in the front row. He was sitting head back, looking up to the ceiling and seemed, dare I say it, bored! How would it be to have two opera singing parents as a kid? To grow up with two people in your household with beautiful gifts. It would just be normal to you!
Can they appreciate what they have in their parents? Probably not until they're a lot older!

Gisele and Mario it was wonderful to hear you sing and I hope I get another chance very soon!

No comments: