Friday, February 25, 2011

Not those pants again...


From time to time, like other people, I’ve wondered about getting a tattoo.

I’ve thought about what style I’d get, where I’d get it and the consequences of having it…

I don’t have anything against tattoos themselves, apart from the permanence of them!!

Look, I’m happy for anyone who loves their tattoo.. good for you!

But to me, all I can think of is, what happens when I don’t like it anymore?

Say I found a nice pair of pants… would I really want to wear them for the rest of my life? I’m sure I’d love them for some time, but there will come a time when they’re just not fashionable anymore and those pants are going to date me!

Isn’t it the same with tattoos??

Everything changes through time… not only fashion, but art, makeup, movies… you can date most things from how they’ve been made, or the particular style they’ve adopted.

It’s the same with tattoos!!

No, I’d be happy with a temporary one but a permanent one is, well, just too permanent, no matter how pretty it is!

2 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

Aside from my commitment issues, I would never get a tattoo. The reason is because I often think about when I'm 90 years old, puttering around, and my skin stretched and sagging beyond recognition. What was once an interesting mark on my skin has now turned into a contorted blob of faded color - resembling something out of a sci-fi movie. Uh... Don't think so!

Maria said...

Hey
Margot, like you I've also been thinking about one. Your comments makes a lot of sense but what if you have your children's names or initials? I've been thinking about having my daughter's name tattood becasue she's never going to leave my heart so I thought I might make her permanent on my skin somewhere. The consequences of my actions will be reflected on her...do I want HER to get a tattoo too. She can turn around and say, 'well you got one mum, why cant I?' What do I say to that? 'No, you have to wait until YOU'RE in your fifties'.lol