Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fill her up please!

There's nothing like going to my parents place for me. My parents bought the house not long before I was born so it was the home I knew growing up. You can imagine the memories it holds!

I don't know why it is but for some reason, the first thing I do when I enter the home, after I greet my parents of course, is check out what's cooking on the stove, or what has just been baked! There is always tons of food!!! And it's always good!
I walk over to the stove, lift the lids of whatever pots are there. Perhaps do a taste test if applicable...
I then check out the counter tops... anything to taste there?
Lastly, I open the fridge to check out what's new in there.
I just love my parents place! So much interesting food.

It's impossible to leave the place without feeling stuffed. I do it to myself all the time! If it's not the food, it's the countless coffees I seem to have while I'm there. Why does coffee taste better at my mums?

Or perhaps it's just that it all tastes better when we're sitting around a table talking about things.

It's nice and comforting and hopefully, my kids will feel the same about coming back to their childhood home when they've got families of their own.

.

1 comment:

Evil Pixie said...

I can totally see it happening. I totally remember your mum's cooking, and I have no doubt that if I were visiting - I would be leaving the house so stuffed from all the good cooking that I'd be waddling out of the door instead of walking.