Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No, no!!!! Please don't make me!!!


I don't know if it's a male thing but shopping with Deno can be such a frustrating experience. I swear, in this relationship, when it comes to shopping, I'm the boy and he's the girl.

I'll go to the shops when I need to buy something. I know what I want and I know what shops I'm going to go to. I know the order I'm going to visit the shops and I have a pretty good idea which one I will actually find the item I want in.
It's all about getting the best value in the shortest amount of time.
In and out as they say!

Deno on the other hand, will go to the shop and say "What do we need?"
Really? That's your question? Cos my response to that is if you have to ask, then you probably don't really need it!!
Sure, I'm all for blowing money for the hell of it now and then but Deno's is an automatic response, not a once in a while kind of thing.
Ah Deno, lucky you can be so cute... at times...let's not overdo it now!

The boy/girl thing breaks down though when we talk about what we're shopping for. There are some shops that just make me cringe and I'm almost begging not to go (Deno rarely visits a store alone).
Take Bunnings for example. It's so huge!!! It has aisle after aisle of stuff that I'm never ever going to be interested in!!! And Deno walks so fast!! We must look a sight when we're in there because he's always a pace or two in front of me and invariably, we're arguing. All I can think is "in a little while I will be out of this place... just endure..."
Bunnings is torture!

I'm not one for clothes shopping either... especially if I'm the one buying. I just hate trying things on... but grocery shopping is great! And I love the tech type stores... Dick Smith, Tandy's JB's... I can spend a lot of time in those stores...

So the moral of this story is, if you want a happy wife, know what you're shopping for and leave her home when you want to go to Bunnings!!!

Love ya honey
x

No comments: