Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shoe Curse


It could be because I'm always insisting I'm not a girlie girl, but I seem to have such bad luck with shoes.

I hate shopping for them in the first place because my shoes are always in the 'gigantor' section. Forget pretty little strappy sandals, my feet were not made for them! In fact, the less attention I can draw to my feet the better! I'm a full cover, boot type of girl...

So yesterday I went shopping for some new shoes as my last regular 'every day black' pair were biting the dust... I tend to wear things into the ground...I found a cute little pair that covered most of my foot and had a pleasant surprise when the cashier said they were 30% off. Yipee for me...

The excitement was short lived however when I decided to wear these new shoes to work today... I wasn't at work ten minutes when I thought the shoes were a bit loose, and went to strap them in a bit tighter...I gave the strap a tiny little tug and...It fell off.Yes that's right, it FELL OFF COMPLETELY!!!!

I sat there for twenty seconds or so thinking "what am I going to do now" I got up and had a little walk around and saw that although difficult, I could walk around in them if I was careful... and a little work with a needle and thread will fix the rest tonight...(Yes I know I can return them but I hate returning things)

So the shine is completely off my new shoes!!

I was a bit worried about what I was going to do at lunch time as I normally go out to buy my lunch.As luck would have it, it was raining and I was only able to move at a very slow pace so I got drenched!

So another pair of shoes are going to be ruined and that means I have the arduous chore of having to buy some more shoes at some stage... I guess I'll just have to psyche myself up for it!




.

No comments: