Thursday, November 11, 2010

Singing a happy song...

I don't want to speak too soon but life has been pretty good lately.
The major exception to this is that I still am not able to run but I'm trying not to dwell on that...

When I was in high school, my best friend and I were into biorhythms.
Being the rationalist that I am now, I know that's all bunk but I must admit there are times in your life where everything just seems to flow.

Birthday celebrations are almost over. They've lasted for almost two weeks with the final bbq for friends and family this Saturday.
Two cakes have been made, one bought and another one to be bought for this Saturday. So far everything has pretty much been a success.



The photo of the banana cake is quite flattering and doesn't let the viewer know how awful the icing was... whoops.. made a little error there but no one will remember that from the pictures.













The berry cake tasted nice but looked messy.. it's the taste that counts right!












And believe it or not, work has been pretty good lately! I don't want to go into details but things are working out for me there too.
Everything is working out just fine.


Oh and to cap off my good mood, I indulged in a little retail therapy today. I bought a new lens for my Nikon D90.
It's very yummy!
I could hardly wait to get home to use it! Can't wait to experiment a bit more


Thank you world, keep shining your light on me a little longer!

1 comment:

DJ said...

Mmmmmmmmm, cake.... :-P````````

*Shaking myself out of my daze*

I remember biorhythms! And i remember quickly rejecting them as bunk too, but... there *is* a tide to human affairs. And conflicting currents. (And speedboats - watch out for the speedboats!) I figure if I live to be 100, I just might end up learning how to surf rather than flounder. Glad to hear that you're way ahead of me!