Saturday, November 6, 2010

Step away from the jeans...


I should have known better...

Today I took Miss newly 16 to the shopping mall so that she could find some new clothes.
First order of business? New jeans!

In one of the stores we ventured into, the saleslady was so helpful that while miss 16 was trying on her selections, I decided to get her to pick some jeans out for me.

I told this saleslady that I never wore jeans as I hated the way I looked in them. I told her of my problem spots, trying to spare her the gory details and asked her what she recommended...

She, very confidently, took me to some jeans and picked out a couple in the size she and I both thought I was.

When I got in the change room, I wondered what I was doing. I was never going to fit into these!


Well, with a bit of huffing and puffing, I did put the jeans on. It took a while but I was proud when the zip went up and the button was done.
Now the dilemma.
Do I go outside, and risk other people seeing me, or do I just assess how I look in the small confines of the change cubicle?

Feeling courageous, I opened the door and stepped outside, but not before making sure any overhanging flesh was covered by my top.

It took about .00000056 of a second for me to realise the jeans were a huge mistake.

I retreated back into the change cubicle and started to take off the jeans.

I swear I almost heard an audible sigh from the jeans as I undid the zipper.... they were glad they were coming off too!!!

Against my better judgment I tried on the second pair and as I opened the door to check myself out in the bigger mirror, Miss 16 came out of her cubicle. She didn't say anything but she didn't have to.. they looked terrible!

So, no jeans for me today....

But I'm happy to say that Miss 16 found a perfect pair of jeans, a skirt and a couple of tops and she looks great in them all!

1 comment:

Evil Pixie said...

I have a difficult time with jeans as well. My problem is they're either not long enough but fit around the waist, or they are the right length but don't fit around the waist. Very frustrating.