Monday, October 4, 2010

I've got a blog?

Ok so this blog has been dormant a while and while I have plenty of things to write about, I just can't think of them when I sit down to write! I should get back into the habit of writing them down as they happen...

For example, if you've seen my facebook status, you'll know that yesterday I finally got fed up with having no fringe (bangs for you Americans!) and decided to snip a little here and there to create one.
The benefit of having curly hair is that you can't really mess it up too much!

But while I was doing it, my son came in, gave one look at me with my scissors and hair in hand and he said "This can't end good" and walked out.
It was hilarious at the time but you probably had to be there...



Today I've spent a good portion finding old Italian songs on you tube. When I say old, I mean from the 70's and late 80's.

I went to Italy with my mum in 1989 as a young girl (young is relative so leave me alone...) and as a lot of my relatives were younger, the artists they were familiar with were older, hence the 70's portion of my nostalgic listening today... Then I discovered Zucchero and instantly fell in love with the raw rock sound, and the delicate ballads... Magic!
So I've been revisiting the songs.

Deno's out riding and Sarah's on the computer next to me while I'm singing at the top of my lungs. She hasn't complained because she's just happy I'm allowing her to go on facebook!

Having said that, there is a time and place for nostalgia and I think I've had enough now. Besides, my throat is getting a little raw!

I've been getting my singing bug back and have started recording a few little tracks.

The next song I want to cover is "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton. I'm doing the music portion of it now. Don't know how I'm going to go singing it as I always think of my dad as I'm doing it... It's such a beautiful song with such beautiful harmonies.
Can't wait to start putting it together!

1 comment:

Evil Pixie said...

I'm excited to hear what you've got mixing in the music department. :)